When it comes to summer, one of the biggest issues every woman has is taming frizzy hair. Because of the high level of humidity that comes with heat, it’s easy to find your hair looking like a lion’s mane. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend your summer days with frizzy hair or find your summer photos all messed up because you’re not happy with how your hair looks in summer.
So if you’re buying cute summer outfits and want to have frizz-free hair to match, here are a few tips and tricks to prevent frizzy hair in the summer humidity:
With these frizz-free summer hacks, you’ll find your hair looking shiny, tame, and absolutely stunning whether you have natural curly or wavy hair. So, before you resort to damaging your hair with heat or finding unhealthy ways to keep your hair frizz-free, make sure you’re familiar with these life-saving frizzy hair hacks to get you through summer:
- Keep your hair moisturized and hydrated by reducing the number of weekly hair washes.
- Use dry shampoo in between washes when your hair starts to get greasy to prevent washing it every day or every other day.
- Avoid using hot water on your scalp to reduce frizzy hair. You can use lukewarm water instead or even wash your hair with cold water.
- Use sulfate-free shampoos to prevent sulfate from washing out your natural oils needed to moisturize and keep your hair healthy.
- Avoid drying your hair by using friction as it leads to breakage and brittle, frizzy hair. Instead, you can tap dry your hair and scrunch using a towel. Microfiber towels are an even better solution when drying your hair.
- Air dry your hair before blow-drying.
- Do not comb your hair when it’s wet, but wait until it has air dried to up to 90%. It’s always best to use a wide-tooth comb.
- Use cold air when blow-drying your hair.
- Apply a hydrating hair mask once a week to moisturize your hair.
- Twist your hair and leave it to air dry to get natural heatless waves.
- Tie your hair up outdoors to keep your hair in place.
- Keep a hair oil or humidifying hair spray on you when heading out and spray your hair when it starts to get out of control.
- Use colored or balayage clip-on extensions to add color instead of dying your hair.
Further reading: Best Summer 2020 Hairstyles for Long and Short Hair