Before I start writing about the trials and tribulations of my hair, I’d like to state that this is NOT an ad. It’s an honest review that I think might help a lot of ladies and curly-haired kids out there. Let’s start with my hair texture: It used to be curly but now it’s frizzy with straight tips due to previous collagen treatment, it is low porosity hair, and light now that I’ve lost half of it.
I have NEVER lost as much hair as I did during the quarantine. I’m not sure if it’s due to stress or vitamin/dietary deficiency, but it has been scary. As for my daughter, she has big curly hair and it is quite dry. We have tried almost every hair routine and product I’ve come across, but I still haven’t found a perfect match to moisturize her hair. Nothing makes it shine for more than 24 hours except for avocado hair masks.
The two Egyptian products I’ve been using lately are the honey suckle flaxseed gel by Effi and the Indian Recipe by The Hair Addic. Both my daughter and I have tried them and they worked perfectly for both hair types.
The Honey Suckle Flaxseed Gel by Effi
- Smells phenomenal
- Immediate effect
- Wash your hair then apply – at least this is what I do
- Softens your hair
- Accentuates and defines your curls
- Tip: You have to use it within 2 weeks
- I’d say the price is fair because I don’t have a single free minute to make my own flaxseed gel
- Price: 225 ml for EGP 200, 110 ml for EGP 120 , 75 ml for EGP 100 , the single-use jars (4 for EGP 100)
- Delivery speed and service: On point
The Indian Recipe by The Hair Addict
View this post on Instagram
(العربي تحت) Checkout how @curlologyy uses our INDIAN RECIPE & Gro Brush together. How about you, how do you use them? Shop now from (thehairaddict.net) or follow the link in our bio. #repost @curlologyy Indian Recipe + Gro Brush Tutorial The Indian Recipe @thehairaddictofficial is a lightweight pre shampoo oil treatment.I apply it onto my scalp 2 to 3 hours before Ishower and I like to massage my scalp with The Gro Brush from @thehairaddictofficial to increase blood circulation which promotes hair growth. هنقولكم إزاي @curlologyy بتستخدم وصفتنا الهندية وفرشاة GRO مع بعض! وانتوا بتستخدموهم إزاي؟ اشتروه دلوقتي من (thehairaddict.net)، اللينك في البايو. الشحن الدولي متاح. #repost @curlologyy الوصفة الهندية من ذا هير آديكت هي حمام زيت خفيف يستخدم قبل الشامبو، بحطه على فروة راسي من ٢-٣ ساعات قبل الشاور وبعمله مساج بفرشاة GRO من ذا هير آديكت عشان أقوي تدفق الدورة الدموية. #thehairaddict #indianrecipe #madeinegypt #heatfree #curlyhair #healthyhair #haircare #naturalhairproducts #منتجات_للشعر #صنع_في_مصر #شعر_طبيعي #شعر_صحي #شعر_كيرلي
- Strong odor
- Apply for 2-3 hours before washing
- Perfectly softens hair – It supposedly promotes growth, but I haven’t been using it for long enough to notice
- It’s perfect for both curly and straight hair especially during humid weather
- Zero chemicals
- Price: 150 ml for EGP 250 – 250 ml for EGP 370
Further reading: How to Remove Acrylic Nails at Home Safely