Table of contents
During the past few months, almost every Egyptian mother in every household turned her kitchen into a bakery. Some families used baking as a form of stress relief, while others used it as a family-bonding experience. Who doesn’t enjoy baking anyways?
As mouthwatering as OREO cookies already are, you can always find new and different ways and recipes to enjoy your favorite cookies. Imagine yourself munching on a chocolate chip cookie and finding it stuffed with your favorite OREO cookie. Heaven on earth!
Here is a recipe for OREO stuffed chocolate chip cookies we hope you enjoy!
- OREO cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 baking soda
- 4-ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the sugar, salt, and butter in a bowl until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk well.
- Dissolve the baking soda into hot water and add it to the mixture.
- Add the salt then stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Using an ice-cream scooper, scoop as if you are going to make one regular chocolate chip cookie, put an OREO cookie in the middle and add another layer of the chocolate-chip cookie dough and mold the cookie dough around the OREO until it is completely closed.
- Repeat this step with all the cookies.
- Place them on parchment paper. Cookies expand when they are baked so make sure to leave enough space when you are laying them out.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown.
Leave the cookies to cool for five minutes and then you can devour your chocolate chip OREO cookie!
Further reading: 8 Fun OREO Games to Play With Your Child