Table of contents
There’s something about pasta that is heart-warming. While there are so many different pasta recipes you can make, you’ll be delighted to know that you can even make your desserts out of pasta, too! Here are 5 surprising desserts using Italiano pasta that you didn’t know existed.
Chocolate egg shells recipe
- 24 Italiano pasta shells
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Your filling of choice: whipped cream, frozen yogurt, ice cream, chocolate spread, or fruits
- Add Italiano’s pasta shells to a pot with boiling water, cook until al dente and drain.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar into a food storage bag.
- Place the shells into the bag and toss well until fully coated.
- Remove shells and add any filling you want such as whipped cream, chocolate spread, or fruits.
Sweet mac and cheese
- 1/2 cup Italiano’s elbow pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar + 1/4 cup for topping
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of blueberries or strawberries
- 1/4 breadcrumbs
- Add Italiano’s elbow pasta in a bowl and cook to al dente.
- Combine butter and flour in a pan over medium heat and whisk until it begins to thicken.
- Add milk and whisk slowly to prevent lumps from forming. Add vanilla and salt and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and butter a dish slightly.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat at a low speed. Add eggs and beat again slowly to prevent it from getting lumpy. Then add the butter mixture you’d set aside and stir well.
- Add Italiano pasta and blueberries to the mixture and stir well.
- Place all the batter into the buttered dish and sprinkle with sugar and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown and serve hot.
Vermicelli pudding recipe
- 1 pack of Italiano’s vermicelli pasta
- 1 liter milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Raisins to taste
- Add milk and sugar to a pan and let them boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and let them simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Italiano’s vermicelli pasta and add raisins.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the pasta is soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 15 minutes.
Strawberries and cream pasta recipe
- 250 g Italiano’s fusilli pasta
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Boil Italiano pasta in sugared water and cook to al dente, drain and set aside to cool.
- Wash your strawberries and cut them in half.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate and serve cold over pasta and strawberries.
- 225 g of Italiano’s linguine pasta
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 28 g anise extract
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 12 eggs
- 225 g ricotta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the batter into a baking dish and place into the oven.
- Cook for 1 1/4 hours until golden brown.
Further reading: 6 Italiano Pasta Recipes Under 500 Calories
It is delicious sautated with butter